ASCRS’ The Voice of Ophthalmology Wants You!
This is your opportunity to take center stage!
Submit your audition video for the chance to become a contestant in Season 2 of ASCRS’ The Voice of Ophthalmology!
- May not exceed 30 seconds.
- Tell us why you should be on ASCRS’ The Voice of Ophthalmology, Season 2.
- Describe your proposed controversial topic in anterior segment surgery; view 2018 topics to use as inspiration.
- Explain why you think your controversial topic in anterior segment surgery is suitable for debate with an expert panel.
- Submit via text to 703-717-3770 or email to ASCRSVoice@ascrs.org.
- Submissions accepted from Nov 12–Dec 14, 2018.
Contestants will be selected by the coaches based on the educational value, relevance of the topic and knowledge and command of the issues.
ASCRS Sunday Summit General Session – ASCRS’ The Voice of Ophthalmology
Sunday, May 5
Host: Edward J. Holland, MD
Featuring ophthalmology stars and ASCRS’ The Voice of Ophthalmology coaches:
Ike K. Ahmed, MD
John P. Berdahl, MD
Eric D. Donnenfeld, MD
Elizabeth Yeu, MD
Session attendees will vote to select the winning case during the session.
Season 1 The Voice of Ophthalmology Topics
SURGICAL MANAGEMENT TAKE-OVER: Surgical management of Glaucoma will take over medical management
NOT YOUR MOM’S MULTIFOCAL IOLS: New innovations in multifocal IOLs l will result in significant increased market share
FEMTO BYE BYE BYE: Femtosecond Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery has reached its peak and will steadily decline
POST-OP MEDS BE GONE: Post-operative topical medications will be eliminated in the next few years
PRESBYOPIA IN THE FARSIGHTED FUTURE: The majority of ophthalmologists will be treating presbyopia with surgery or topical medications within 5 years
CONSOLIDATION NATION: Consolidation in ophthalmology will continue, and private equity acquisitions and employed physician groups will grow and dominate